Hamilton Academy is committed to helping students fulfil their potential and experience success through an educational environment which responds to individual need and stimulates and challenges each and every student. The careers education and guidance provision (CEG) is an essential part of the academy curriculum in preparing students for the opportunities, challenges and responsibilities of adult and working life.
The main objective of the CEG programme is to enable students to fulfil individual potential, to raise aspirations, to challenge gender stereotypes, and to provide equal opportunities for all students.
Student entitlement to careers education includes
- Individual guidance from our Careers Advisors
- A ‘drop-in’ Careers Library with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment and computer access for student use .
- Access to computer programmes (including home user license) offering occupational information and opportunity for career and job exploration.
- Access to UCAS (Website for colleges and universities in the UK).
- A Careers Education Programme built into the Learning For Life Curriculum
Who to Contact:
Careers Advisor – Jenny Walkden – firstname.lastname@example.org
Students (and parents) can make an appointment to discuss career options, applications for courses, and training as well as to discuss the implications of their choices on request.
Please use the below link to access further information.