Here at Hamilton Academy we have a number of measures in place to ensure everyone receives an equal opportunity. If a student is receiving Free School Meals, this allows the student to have a free hot or cold meal of their choice at lunchtime. It also means the student will receive other support such as reduced costs for school trips or support with purchasing revision resources.
If you are in receipt of the following support, your child could be eligible for free school meals:
Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
Income-related employment and support allowance
National asylum seeker support
Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
The guaranteed element of state pension credit
Working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Income Support (IS)
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA(IR))
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income, assessed by HM Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190)
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
If a student is eligible, they receive their Free School Meals top-up on their ID card automatically.
Please visit the School Gateway and take the Pupil Premium Test to see if you qualify. If you qualify we will send you a Free School Meals application form for completion.
We would be happy to help you if needed. Please book an appointment through the school’s reception.